Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error when accessing ACT by HTTP

Error when accessing ACT by HTTP

[ Edited ]

I'm getting an ASP unhandled exception when trying to access the web interface. This happens right after login.  Using the console program, it works fine.  There was a Windows update over the weekend, which did change something with timezones (KB970653).  I am trying to roll back the update now, and will keep you updated.  But any other ideas what may be happening?

Input string was not in a correct format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +0
Act.Web.Framework.TimeZoneComparer.GetOffset(String tziName) +119
Act.Web.Framework.TimeZoneComparer.Compare(Object x, Object y) +87
System.SorterObjectArray.QuickSort(Int32 left, Int32 right) +93

[InvalidOperationException: Specified IComparer threw an exception.]
System.SorterObjectArray.QuickSort(Int32 left, Int32 right) +267
System.Array.Sort(Array keys, Array items, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer comparer) +372
System.Array.Sort(Array array, IComparer comparer) +41
Act.Web.Framework.TimeZoneManager.RebuildTimeZoneArray() +37
Act.Web.Framework.TimeZoneManager..ctor(ACTSessionManager asm, CalendarPreferenceUtilities cpu) +58
Act.Web.Framework.CalendarSessionInfo..ctor(HttpSessionState sessionState, ACTSessionManager sessionMgr) +162
Act.Web.Framework.ACTSessionManager.get_CalendarInfo() +33
Act.Web.Global.CheckForTimeZoneReminder() in C:\cvsroot\ACTForWeb\Redstone\ACT\Global.asax.cs:244
Act.Web.Global.Global_AcquireRequestState(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\cvsroot\ACTForWeb\Redstone\ACT\Global.asax.cs:193
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +60
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +87

Message Edited by ircmaxell on 10-12-2009 07:21 AM
Message Edited by ircmaxell on 10-12-2009 08:14 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error when accessing ACT by HTTP

I would check to make sure that your machine and the web server have the same system time, accounting for time zone differences.
 I would also make sure that if any time zone updates were applied, that they were applied to both machines.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Well, rolling back the update did fix the problem. I only needed to roll it back on the server (it's still applied on the client's machines).

As far as system time, all the systems on the domain are kept within a few milliseconds by Windows' NTP system (w32tm).

The only other thing I can think of, would be if ACT itself has the timezone strings hard-coded, so when it received the updated ones from the Windows API, it got confused. That's my best guess by looking at the stack trace without looking at the code...
Platinum Elite Contributor

My guess is that you're running ACT! 2006?

Yes, there have been a number of reports of this time zone update from Microsoft causing this with that version of ACT! for Web. Later versions should be ok.