Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error upgrading from ACT2007 Premium for Workgroups to ACT2009 Premium for Web

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error upgrading from ACT2007 Premium for Workgroups to ACT2009 Premium for Web

I backed up the database prior to installing ACT2009.  Once ACT2009 was installed, I restored the database and got a "Restore successful" message.  After that, I tried to open it and got the "Database must be updated" message.  I did that and think it was successful.  When I tried to open the database, I got the message "The database you are trying to access has been locked by an admininstrator.  Please try again later."  Any ideas on how to get the database unlocked, since I am an administrator?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author papringle
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error upgrading from ACT2007 Premium for Workgroups to ACT2009 Premium for Web

Two things to try:

ACTDIAG | Databases | Database List - select the database

Right Click | Unlock the database

Or

Close ACT!

Delete the PAD file

Open ACT!

File | Open - change file type to ADF and select the database. This will check the file and create a new PAD

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author papringle
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Error upgrading from ACT2007 Premium for Workgroups to ACT2009 Premium for Web

Two things to try:

Or

Close ACT!

Delete the PAD file

Open ACT!

File | Open - change file type to ADF and select the database. This will check the file and create a new PAD

Mike,

Your first suggestion did the trick!  Thank you!

Paul

You might do the 2nd one also and then use ACDIAG to check and repair the database (including the Schema repair) ... just in case something wasn't complete.
Copper Contributor

Hi Mike ,

Thank you for your fast reply , by the way where can i find ACTDIAG ? Sorry i am sow learner.

Paul Yeo

Paul,

It took me a little while to figure it out also, but you just click Start..., select Run..., then type in ACTDIAG.exe in the box.

Paul

Copper Contributor

Hi Mike ,

I follow your instruction , and it display all the name version information , what should i do next ?

Paul Yeo

paulyeo11 wrote:

Hi Mike ,

I follow your instruction , and it display all the name version information , what should i do next ?

Paul Yeo

Not sure what you mean.

Try this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/6bkgtb