04-27-2010 11:13 PM
04-30-2010 12:34 PM
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. This issue has been found to be an issue with Outlook and usually has to do with one or more damaged Outlook calendar items. You can first try running maintenance in Outlook by going to Help/Detect & Repair (Outlook 2003) or Help/Office Diagnostics (Office 2007) to see if that resolves. If not, the only other workaround we have found at this time is to remove all Outlook activities from ACT!, create a new Outlook profile and test it with ACT!, import your items from your old Outlook profile to your new profile, then copy the Outlook items back into ACT!.
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
05-06-2010 12:13 AM
05-11-2010 06:52 PM
05-11-2010 11:56 PM
10-07-2010 08:34 AM
I have had this error for months - the Help Desk suggested deleting users etc., which I did.
(A major activity as quite a lot of information gets lost - and it all takes time).
I have also done all of the checks / repairs etc. to Outlook (version 2003 and 2007 using a 3003 server) which are possible - and the error still exists and is repeatable.
I create an empty ACT database with a single user - connect to outlook, - copy calendar from Outlook to ACT - and the ACT database is fatally corrupt. -- This is 100% repeatable, and is MAJOR problem.
- - - I have almost stopped using ACT because of this - - .
I would love to delete the single activity in OutLook which creates the problem - BUT Act does not give any information, and I will not remove all of them just in case...
The UK Help Desk basically said - it doesn't occur often, so we won;t even report it as a bug.
- - - I will not upgrade until ACT say this is fixed - -