Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error still exists! (ACT! Says Month must be between one and twelve & Calendar problem)

Loyal Listener

Error still exists! (ACT! Says Month must be between one and twelve & Calendar problem)

[ Edited ]

A week ago or so I posted a couple of messages on here and I resolved my mailmerge error issue but the issue of ACT! having a dialog box appearing saying "Month must be between one and twelve. Parameter name: month" has improved but it is still there. What I mean by it has improved is that the aforementioned dialog box was appearing every time I started ACT! but now it only appears if I go under my name when an appointment is being scheduled or I go to some area to schedule something for myself instead of my other employee.

My account is an administrator account and is the original account that was used to make the "customization" of the fields to our needs. The other account is an administrator account but it is a user account. This error only occurs on my account and not on the other account (even from my computer) and the other user on a different computer has absolutely no problems at all with her account.

Even worse, I cannot have an appointment (phone call, meeting, task) etc. assigned to my name and have it show up on the calendar. When I schedule it or she schedules it under my name, it only appears on my "task list" but not under calendar. If I go to filter and choose only her name, I can see her items on the calendar but if I go to my name or if i go to all names or multiple names in any way, then nothing appears. I am frustrated and trying to do everything such as looking at the custom fields created for any sorts of errors but I don't know as I can't locate it?

Other than that; I know you guys are busy but if you could please provide me help or a step in the right direction of what I am doing wrong I can work to fix this today. I am usually very busy but since i'm sick and have no voice I will be available all day to work on this today and hopefully I will have a response by today. Thanks again so much for your help in advance!! Smiley Happy  

This is the error it gives me for my first problem:

Message Edited by xxsassxx31 on 12-10-2008 02:10 PM
Message Edited by xxsassxx31 on 12-10-2008 02:11 PM
Loyal Listener

Re: Error still exists! (ACT! Says Month must be between one and twelve & Calendar problem)

No help with this? I'm really stuck on this nagging problems and I have spent hours trying to resolve it but have failed to do so. Much feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Loyal Listener

Re: Error still exists! (ACT! Says Month must be between one and twelve & Calendar problem)

Smiley Sad

Nickel Contributor

I'm sorry to have to answer your question with a more questions, but there are some variables we have to determine first.

- In the Control Panel of your computer, what is the "Short Date" format listed as under Regional Settings? Is it MM/DD/YYYY or is it DD/MM/YYYY?

- Does this problem occur on any other computer on your network with your login?

- which version of ACT! are you using?

- do you have any caelnder add-on programs, such as Precision Time, installed on your computer.

- what measure have you taken thus far to resolve the problem? For instance have you uninstalled ACT! and re-installed? If so, did you use the Uninstaller utility?

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Loyal Listener

Thank you so much for your swift reply and help!

To answer your questions...:

"- In the Control Panel of your computer, what is the "Short Date" format listed as under Regional Settings? Is it MM/DD/YYYY or is it DD/MM/YYYY?" A: IT is actually "M/d/yyyy". I can change this if you like. Should it be listed an alternate way?

"- Does this problem occur on any other computer on your network with your login?" A: I just tested it out and tried it on another computer and yes the same error occurs but only when my administrator name is selected under scheduling like I mentioned (as it used to appear on every log-in at the beginning) and calendar items won't show up for my name. It is funny but if I choose "Choose all users" then no one's calendar items show up at all under my own name (because I am included in the list) but if I choose someone else in specific their calendar items appear.

"- which version of ACT! are you using?" A: I am using the latest version of ACT, in Act 2009 version 11.0

"- do you have any caelnder add-on programs, such as Precision Time, installed on your computer." A: I have several add-in's in Outlook but I don't believe they are calendar items. I have add-ins which are Adobe Acrobat, Stamps.com, Mindjet Mind Manager, New Appointment Plus and Trip (together), SnagIt, and Sperry Software V-Card Coverter which I have on disabled. For some reason, my ACT! icon in Outlook hasn't been appearing on my Outlook for the last couple days and I see that the Outlook instance of Act is running on my computer but that isn't this issue on hand.

"- what measure have you taken thus far to resolve the problem? For instance have you uninstalled ACT! and re-installed? If so, did you use the Uninstaller utility?" I have taken almost every measure as possible. I have of course tried to uninstall ACT! and reinstall it several times and after the first time I decided to use this utility I have Advanced Uninstaller Pro which removes traces of programs and I reinstalled it. Even though the month to month instance doesn't appear when I start ACT! it does in certain calendar situations and it doesn't let me have appointments scheduled and appear on the calendar. Things for me only appear on my activity list but no way no how in the calendar itself (for ACT!). 

Thanks again for all your help and hopefully I can resolve this problem soon. Smiley Happy

Nickel Contributor

Well, one of your points has answered a few of my questions. If the Administrator account is faulty on several computers than it is not the installation, regional settings, or installed calender addons. The problem is related to your account.

Firstly, use ACTDIAG on the computer storing the primary database to "detach" the database in question. Once it's detached, delete the PAD file, and the use ACT! to open the ADF file. It will go through a "verification" process that may take a minute or so, but it will re-open. Once that is completed, try your Admin Account again.

If the calender problem persists, create another user account with a similar name (ie., change "Ken" to "Kenneth"), and then assign it the same administrator permissions. Once that is complete, log out, and then login with the new account. Check that the calender function is working properly with this new user account, and if so, proceed to the next very scary step.

Take a deep breath, and then delete the old problem account. During this process it is vital that, when prompted, you assign all "notes", "histories", and such to the newly created user account that you're currently logged in with.

My guess is this that one of the measures will work, but you implement the second one, you must be careful to consider "Private" or "Limited Access" contacts. Be sure that you have the same number of contacts logged in with both the old and new account. If not, take the appropriate steps to grant the new user account full access to those contacts.

Good luck.

Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Loyal Listener

Thanks for your help buddy! I already completed the first step as you told me to but no luck with that...

If I do the other steps and have to delete my old database, will all my custom fields transfer? We spent a lot of time doing that and it is important we keep that. What if I create a new user account under the admin account and only use the admin account to transfer and sync. Would that work? Thx...I just can't lose my custom fields, please let me know! Thx so much once again! Smiley Happy

Nickel Contributor

I'm not sure I made the leap from where I suggested deleting an "account" to you discussing deleting the "database".

Just to be clear, the other steps I discussed do NOT involve deleting the database.

Please, before you attempt to follow any of my directions, backup your database. I would not feel good, and you would feel worse, if you misunderstood my advice and lost data. So please, backup you database.

Review the instructions I provided earlier, and proceed with caution. I believe it is only the user account that is faulty, and deleting it and assigning all histories to another NEW account with similar admin privileges should have a good chance.

As for the schema of your database, use the SAVE AS function to create an empty copy of your database if the custom fields are critical.

Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Loyal Listener

I just wanted to thank you in helping me solve my problem! It worked as I deleted the original user account and transfered everything to the new user account. Thanks so much once again for all your help!

I'm having the very same problem. I have a one user license and am not able to delete that user to name a new user since it's just a one user license. How do I fix this

"month must be between one and twelve. Parameter name:month"?