Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: "dialog box is open"

Error: "dialog box is open"

User has Microsoft Outlook 2003 on pc

ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1

We've set all the preferences in ACT and in Outlook to write an email from ACT using the Outlook program.

BUT when she clicks on an email address in ACT this box pops up in ACT:

"Dialog box is open. Close it and try again."

I've looked in the knowlegebase for an answer and can't find it. Any suggestions?

Re: Error: "dialog box is open"

My google searches are telling me this is an issue with Microsoft - but I can only find solutions for Outlook 2007 and I have 2003 so I still don't know what to do...but I guess this has nothing to do with ACT.

thanks.

Copper Contributor Kez
Copper Contributor

Try this, I see something similiar regularly:

In Outlook, goto "Tools -> Options -> Security Tab". In the middle of that dialogue box is are your Zone settings, is it set to Restricted? If it is, change it to "Internet". Close and re-open Outlook, verify the zone is still "Internet" and try the email again in ACT!

Nickel Contributor

It usually means Outlook has opened a dialog box. When you get the error, hit alt+tab, to move to the dialog box window and close it and try again.

[ Edited ]

It worked to do this:

In Outlook, goto "Tools -> Options -> Security Tab". In the middle of that dialogue box is are your Zone settings, is it set to Restricted? If it is, change it to "Internet". Close and re-open Outlook, verify the zone is still "Internet" and try the email again in ACT!

Message Edited by pegg on 07-08-2009 06:31 AM