Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error on new PC (v15) - Please help

Error on new PC (v15) - Please help

[ Edited ]

Hi guys and girls

I have just "moved" my database from a Win 7 to a Win 7 (64 bit) machine and now i'm getting an error after approx 1 minute - regardless of what I do (even nothing)

I am using Act Premium 2013 v15.0.301.0

I don't have Office installed so there is no Outlook or Word (only Act installed)

The database is on this machine, with the intention of sharing it with others - nobody else accessing it at the moment

I have attached the .xml file that I get after the crash

The error I receive is:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Act.Framework.BusinessLink.Synchronization.Sync.BusinessLinkSyncManager.CompleteSync()
at Act.Framework.BusinessLink.Synchronization.Sync.BusinessLinkSyncManager.Normal2WaySync()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Pleeeeeease help 

Thanks in advance

Re: Error on new PC (v15) - Please help

Hi Martd74,

this is quite odd behaviour, Just to be sure I understand correctly when you open your database and eave it on the Welcome page of the act database after a minute it will give you an 'Act has stopped responding error'?

Do you know if this happens in the Demo database or a test local database?

Would you also be able to check the Event viewer within Windows after a crash to see if there is further error logs to look at.

Thank you for your reply.

Actually it only seems to happen with my database, but yeah that's exactly right.

It worked perfectly on the other PC, and I have reinstalled Windows and ACT, then re-moved (not removed) the database and i'm getting the exact same issue.

I've checked the Event Viewer and have the following errors:

Error 1 - .NET Runtime

Application: ActSage.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at Act.Framework.BusinessLink.Synchronization.Sync.BusinessLinkSyncManager.CompleteSync()
at Act.Framework.BusinessLink.Synchronization.Sync.BusinessLinkSyncManager.Normal2WaySync()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Error 2 - Application Error

Faulting application name: ActSage.exe, version: 15.0.301.0, time stamp: 0x502eda1c
Faulting module name: Act.Framework.BusinessLink.Synchronization.ni.dll, version: 15.0.301.0, time stamp: 0x502ed47a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000559f0
Faulting process id: 0xe38
Faulting application start time: 0x01d301faa3bb1dbe
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\ActSage.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\Act.Framewoa7c82375#\f4a1d313705bdea2c7f65bf2f917213a\Act.Framework.BusinessLink.Synchronization.ni.dll
Report Id: f8529941-6e15-11e7-9a57-001ff20e169e

DETAILS (Friendly View)

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-07-21T13:10:30.000000000Z

EventRecordID 1806

Channel Application

Computer ACT-PC

Security

- EventData

ActSage.exe
502eda1c
Act.Framework.BusinessLink.Synchronization.ni.dll
502ed47a
c0000005
000559f0
e38
01d301faa3bb1dbe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\ActSage.exe
C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\Act.Framewoa7c82375#\f4a1d313705bdea2c7f65bf2f917213a\Act.Framework.BusinessLink.Synchronization.ni.dll
f8529941-6e15-11e7-9a57-001ff20e169e

Does that help at all?

Hi guys

Any thoughts on my last message? I'm really stuck here with no idea what to try next.

Cheers in advance

Do you happen to know the version of .Net framework you are running? this can be found from 'Start > Control Panel > Programs and features' and will show as 'Microsoft .Net Framework *.*'

Would you also be able to advised on the Startup Page Act normally logs into?

I have included the article below as it may explain the issue you are experiencing.

38261 Error: "Act! has stopped working" when trying to use the Documents tab, open history attachmen...

Thanks Horn

It says "4.6.1 Hotfix Rollup"

The startup page is just Contacts - List View

Is that any help?

Cheers

Bronze Elite Contributor

Just a thought, are both versions of ACT on the machines the same including service patches and hot fixes. Not so bad if new location is more up to date but might cause issues if earlier version on new machine even if of same main release.

The new PC is as up to date as possible with regards to Windows Update, as is the older PC

Could the version of dot NET be an issue??
Bronze Elite Contributor

It could be .net It looks like it is trying to contact business link and at that point failing. but if you want to try this -

Shut ACT

Browse to your ACT installation files and find act business link synchronization.dll

Rename it .old

Now see if ACT opens.

Nickel Super Contributor

At another time ... the .NET Framework update 4.6 gave me problems ... what I did to test was to uninstall it, reboot and it worked

I suggest having the UAC (User Account Control) disabled and trying to disable the Windows Firewall or Put exclusions CLICK

Additionally I suggest installing the service pack according to your  Act! version...

Europe and UK... CLICK

.....  UK - Users and NO WEB Server - Sage ACT! Premium 2013 SP1 Update - UK - CLICK

......  UK - WEB Server CLICK

After installing the service pack - Sage ACT! 2013 SP1 Hot Fix 4 - server and users - CLICK

2.jpg

U.S. and Canada... CLICK

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com