Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error occured on page: DashboardLayout Message:Failed to create custom dashboard component

Error occured on page: DashboardLayout Message:Failed to create custom dashboard component

I'm running ACT! Premium 2011 for Web on Windows Server 2003 32-bit (IIS 6), with all updates. When accessed through the web, via Firefox 3.6 & IE 8 (ACT! developers, do you know Firefox current version is 12!) anytime dashboard tab is clicked, this message shows up in my application event log:

Source: AFW

0:Error occured on page: DashboardLayout Message:Failed to create custom dashboard component: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

0:Error occured on page: DashboardXmlHttp Message:Unable to generate the detail area for the custom component.
Could not find the custom component ID on the query string

Re: Error occured on page: DashboardLayout Message:Failed to create custom dashboard component

OK, taking the gloves off. Act is starting to really Suck! Is there anyway to run Act web server on Windows 7 Pro?

Requirements for server states: 

Web Server

- Windows® XP SP3 (32-bit only)

- Professional
- IIS 7 < XP SP3 DOESN'T HAVE IIS 7, it has 5.1, if this is what it needs, let me know how to get it on there, because right now, I don't think it's possible
- ASP.NET 3.5

- Windows Server® 2003 SP2 < Getting errors mentioned above, plus, when users connect, occasionally system bogs down, I restart act7 service, fixes slow down for a few hours

- Web Edition
- Standard Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- Small Business Server
- IIS 6.0
- ASP.NET14

- Windows Vista® SP1 < REALLY?

- Business
- Enterprise
- Ultimate
- IIS 7.0
- ASP.NET

- Windows Server 2008 SP2 < haven't tried it, would rather not have to

- Web Edition
- Standard Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- IIS 7.0
- ASP.NET

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error occured on page: DashboardLayout Message:Failed to create custom dashboard component

I'm unable to locate a known issue with 2011 web access and dashboards through Firefox.

- Does the dashboard work when accessed with Internet Explorer?

- Have you added the demo database (or create a new database) to the web and tested?
Greg Martin
Sage