Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message

Error message

I installed Act 2008 Premium with Service pack 3 on my terminal server , the actual database my company uses is on a totally different server.

The administrative account that I used to install Act 2008 can open up this remote database fine.   My one user  that needs to access this remote database gets the folllowing message when they attemtp to open up the database

"An Attempt was made to access the framework without having logged onto a database please log onto a database first"

The user DOES NOT have administrative rights so my question but as part of trouble shooting this issue I did give the user administrative rights temporarily and they still got the error message

Any suggestions? 

Bronze Contributor

Re: Error message

When you did the install dis you put the terminal server into Install mode?

Durign the install did how did you respond to the question of giving access to all users?

It is a permissions issue but from your second statement I would say you only installed with permission to the administraotr and you will need to reinstall

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.