Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message with Act field: one or more errors have been detected.

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Error message with Act field: one or more errors have been detected.

We are having issues with a field in our database.  We have a field called "Patron of Pharmacy", and there is a pull-down menu with

pharmacy names like "Walgreens Pharmacy","Smith Pharmacy", etc.

When "Walgreens Pharmacy" is selected, we can no longer save a record, and this error shows:

"One or more errors have been detected.  Place your mouse on the red error indicator to display the error message."

343 one or more errors have been detected -cropped.PNG

Then, when I place my mouse over the red indicator next to the field, I get the following error message.

"Only list values are allowed for "field name".  Please select a value from the list."

We can't save the record using the original item, "Walgreens Pharmacy".  Just to get by, we had to create a new item called "Walgreen's Pharmacy" with an apostrophe.  That is allowing us to save the record without error.

I know it's possible to transfer all our existing contacts from "Walgreens" to "Walgreen's" but why would this happen in the first place, and how do we prevent something like this from happening in the future?

Thanks!

- Version of Act! you are using:

On Windows 10 workstations:  Act Premium 21.1.187.0 , Update 4

On Windows 2016 Server:  Act Premium Web 21.1.187.0 , Update 4

- If the issue involves Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word , Excel), state the version of Office you are using

Office 2016

- Is your database on your local machine (private database) or is it being shared from a server (shared database)?

Shared from a server.

- Operating system you have Act! installed on (i.e., Windows 7, Windows 8)

Windows 10 on the workstations.  Windows Server 2016 on the Act server.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor

Re: Error message with Act field: one or more errors have been detected.

You need to go into Tools Define Fields and validate the list names that are assigned to that field. A box is also checked that says use only the list names. The Pharmacy name needs to be entered exactly how it is spelled is the list in defined fields.
Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

If Pats suggestion does not resolve the issue just make sure that the field length is long enough to take the dropdown item.

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Thanks everyone,

I will double-check your suggestions as soon as able.  I've been distracted by other issues.