Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message when trying to do Microsoft Word mail merge from a Template

Astute Commentator

Error message when trying to do Microsoft Word mail merge from a Template

[ Edited ]

We use Microsoft Word mail merge templates with Act! Premium.  The person getting the message is a standard user on the domain.  

When trying to do a mail merge from a custom hotkeyin Act, we get the following error message.

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID … failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_Server_EXEC_FAILURE)).

Please help.  Is there a known solution to this?  Thank you!

- Version of Act! you are using:

On Windows 10 workstations:  Act Premium 21.1.187.0 , Update 4

On Windows 2016 Server:  Act Premium Web 21.1.187.0 , Update 4

- If the issue involves Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word , Excel), state the version of Office you are using

Office 2016

- Is your database on your local machine (private database) or is it being shared from a server (shared database)?

Shared from a server.

- Operating system you have Act! installed on (i.e., Windows 7, Windows 8)

Windows 10 on the workstations.  Windows Server 2016 on the Act server.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Error message when trying to to Microsoft Word mail merge from a Template

The standard solution for this is to run an "Office repair" procedure. Don't forget to reboot, sometimes you are not prompted to do so after the repair job.
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Astute Commentator

Re: Error message when trying to to Microsoft Word mail merge from a Template

Thanks for your response Andreas!

It is very puzzling to me because this is a newly deployed computer for a new employee with a 2 day old installation of Office 2016.  What I did in the meantime is set the person to be local administrator on the local machine, even though they are standard user on the domain, and so far that has worked. 

Using this command:

Invoke-Command -ComputerName WK-001 { Add-LocalGroupMember -Group "Administrators" -Member "domain\user" }

If it comes back I will try doing an Office repair.