Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error message "Unable to generate the detail area for the custom component. Details of the error have been recorded to the error log."

Error message "Unable to generate the detail area for the custom component. Details of the error have been recorded to the error log."

I recently upgraded to ACT Premium and still learning about the features.

I try to read the Administrative Dashboard and it gets me the following error message:
"Unable to generate the detail area for the custom component. Details of the error have been recorded to the error log."

Am I not setting up correctly?

Any help would be great.

Yours, Stephen.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Error message "Unable to generate the detail area for the custom component. Details of the error have been recorded to the error log."

Hello Stephen,

Which version of ACT! are you running?

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005

Re: Error message "Unable to generate the detail area for the custom component. Details of the error have been recorded to the error log."

Hello Kurt,

I am running Act Premium (web) 2011: Version 13.1.105.0

Yours, Stephen.

Ok, I'm having this error too. I'm running ACT! Premium 2011 for Web on Windows Server 2003 32-bit (IIS 6), with all updates. When accessed through the web, via Firefox 3.6 & IE 8 (ACT! developers, do you know Firefox current version is 12!) anytime dashboard tab is clicked, this message shows up in my application event log:

Source: AFW

0:Error occured on page: DashboardLayout Message:Failed to create custom dashboard component: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

0:Error occured on page: DashboardXmlHttp Message:Unable to generate the detail area for the custom component.
Could not find the custom component ID on the query string

Sidenote: ACT! Customer service step it up! Follow up on these threads.