Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error loading ACT! word processor

Error loading ACT! word processor

Getting an error message whilst loading the word processor on ACT! 2008 10.1 Premium For Web from the web:

---------------------------
tx4ole12
The file TX12_WND.DLL has not been found.
(Code: 0x0000007e)
OK  
This is on up to date XP with IE 7.0.5730.11.

I have set security to low and enable active x etc. The processor loads correctly from other similar machines. Does anyone know if I can install this dll somewher or flush a temp file or similar to get it to try and run the processor install from scratch now that I've changed security settings.

TIA
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error loading ACT! word processor

Already tried that without success Mike.

I do have the above mentioned dll on my computer from another install could I just "regsvr32 TX12_WND.DLL" in windows\system32\ do you think.

It also tells me from an act! message box  after the tx4ole12 pops up 5 times.

ACT! for web mail merge to web processor or printer requires a one-time download on this computer. It appears that you chose not to complete this download a file.
To complete the download, in the mailmerge window, click OK

Now I think I know what the problem is.

The Text Control Kernal TX12_WND won't install if there is a different version already installed... they wont upgrade for some reason.

Try removing the other version and seeing what happens.

How would I remove the other version apart from deleting the dll which is in an old act for web folder. Any registry changes etc required?

I installed to MS .net framework updates  acouple of days ago as well I think.

Any further ideas?

TIA

I'd unregister it first, then ensure the ActiveX control isn't in Windows and then clear the IE cache

It wasn't registered and I can't find the activex control and on another computer that can open the processor, that dll isn't installed localy. I have tried as a new user and still no success getting past the same error message.

I don't have much time to look at the moment... but if you have some technical ability (and it sounds like you might?), try hooking into these forums http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

They actually make the control and would probably know the cause and resolution when there's a conflict

If you haven't found a solution by the weekend, let me know and I'll see if I have the time for look around...

Or maybe someone else has actually seen this and resolved it before and will post

Hey antc,

I don't know i this will be applicable, but try this article in the ACT! Knowledge Base

Carlton from Sage suggested it even though it is a different file.

Let us know if it worked.