Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error When Searching for a City Using the Keyboard

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error When Searching for a City Using the Keyboard

Using Act! Premium Version 19.2.146.0, Update 3

When using the keyboard ( Alt - L - T) to search for a city I get the following response: "No Records Were Found That Match the Specified Criteria". 

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by JonTaylor (Administrator)
‎10-20-2017 03:24 AM
Administrator

Re: Error When Searching for a City Using the Keyboard

Hi Billbake,

This looks like a potential defect in Act! as I've been able to replicate it on a few different machines - and the same process works correctly for other menu items.

As you've described, hitting 't' to start a lookup window based on city causes the lookup to immediately return no results.

I've escalated this to our developers to take a look at the issue.

In the meantime, a relatively simple workaround would be bind a custom keyboard shortcut (a good choice here might be Alt + T) to the City Lookup - I can confirm that this does work correctly.

You can do this by going into Tools > Customise > Menus and Toolbars... and then going to the 'Keyboard' tab. 

From here select '&Lookup' on the left, and then '&City' on the right, before clicking 'Assign Shortcut' and entering your desired Keyboard Shortcut.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by JonTaylor (Administrator)
‎10-20-2017 03:24 AM
Administrator

Hi Billbake,

This looks like a potential defect in Act! as I've been able to replicate it on a few different machines - and the same process works correctly for other menu items.

As you've described, hitting 't' to start a lookup window based on city causes the lookup to immediately return no results.

I've escalated this to our developers to take a look at the issue.

In the meantime, a relatively simple workaround would be bind a custom keyboard shortcut (a good choice here might be Alt + T) to the City Lookup - I can confirm that this does work correctly.

You can do this by going into Tools > Customise > Menus and Toolbars... and then going to the 'Keyboard' tab. 

From here select '&Lookup' on the left, and then '&City' on the right, before clicking 'Assign Shortcut' and entering your desired Keyboard Shortcut.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for confirming the problem and the temp work around.  I'll try it and see how it goes.