Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Error When Performing Lookup On ACT

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Posts: 6
Country: Canada
Accepted Solution

Error When Performing Lookup On ACT

When accessing the web portion of ACT whenever a user tries to do a look up they get an error.

"An Error Has Occoured On This Page
Line: 371
Char: 34
Error: Object Required
Do You Want To Continue Running Scripts On This Page"

If you click yes you can continue typing your search query but you get that error for every key stroke and can successfully search that way. Is there anyway we can surpress these errors in IE? We have tried the Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced and checked the 'Disable Script Debugging' but it hasn't worked. Any help would be apperciated. Thank you.


Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor
Posts: 6
Country: United States

Re: Error When Performing Lookup On ACT

One of my users encountered this error last week.  I investigated and could find no immediate solution.  The good news is that teh page appears to function normally and lookups work, it's jsut extremely annoying to deal with the constant script errors.

 

What I discovered was that the issue is only popping up on IE8 installations.  IE7 seems unaffected.  Disabling scipt debugging and error notifications didn't help.  After much trail and error, I discovered that if you place the ActWeb domain in the "Compatibility View" settings, the errors disappear and the page functions normally.  I know this is an older thread, but I hope this helps someone.

View solution in original post


All Replies
Moderator
Posts: 4,395
Country: USA

Re: Error When Performing Lookup On ACT

Hello TJ1234,

 

Which version of ACT! and web browser are you using?

Tuned Listener
Posts: 6
Country: Canada

Re: Error When Performing Lookup On ACT

The OS in XP Service Pack 3, using Internet Explorer and ACT7 premium.
Tuned Listener
Posts: 6
Country: Canada

Re: Error When Performing Lookup On ACT

Any ideas?
New Member
Posts: 1
Country: United States

Re: Error When Performing Lookup On ACT

I had something similar with a user, but not with every keystroke.

 

Is the site in the trusted sites list?  Try setting the security for trusted sites to low.

Tuned Listener
Posts: 6
Country: Canada

Re: Error When Performing Lookup On ACT

Yeah, the site is on the trusted sites list and we tried with all manner of security levels.
Tuned Listener
Posts: 6
Country: Canada

Re: Error When Performing Lookup On ACT

Still no solution to this problem and other people are also getting this error. Any help would be apperciated.
Loyal Listener
Posts: 32
Country: United States

Re: Error When Performing Lookup On ACT

[ Edited ]

We have the exact same problem with our ACT Premium for Web 2009. I can duplicate the problem consistently by going to the Lookup menu at the top and selecting "Contact". In the window that opens ("Lookup Contacts -- Webpage Dialog"), you get the following error with every keystroke:

-----

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 363

Char: 34

Error: Object required

Code: 0

URL: http://192.168.1.12/APFW/Lookups/LookupsDialog.aspx?menu=TBL_CONTACT.FULLNAME

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

<Yes> <No>

-----

Similar incidents have been reported while attempting to add notes.

 

Obviously, this makes ACT extremely difficult to work with. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Message Edited by IT_Services on 09-15-2009 01:39 PM
Tuned Listener
Posts: 6
Country: Canada

Re: Error When Performing Lookup On ACT

Yes that is the same error that we get. We still cannot find a solution to this problem and so far no one has been able to help us out.
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor
Posts: 6
Country: United States

Re: Error When Performing Lookup On ACT

One of my users encountered this error last week.  I investigated and could find no immediate solution.  The good news is that teh page appears to function normally and lookups work, it's jsut extremely annoying to deal with the constant script errors.

 

What I discovered was that the issue is only popping up on IE8 installations.  IE7 seems unaffected.  Disabling scipt debugging and error notifications didn't help.  After much trail and error, I discovered that if you place the ActWeb domain in the "Compatibility View" settings, the errors disappear and the page functions normally.  I know this is an older thread, but I hope this helps someone.