Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: Unable to Cast Object Type

Error: Unable to Cast Object Type

I am having an issue with our OCT and adjusting column views.  We are running: Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2; and I am an administrator.  

When in the contact list view, if I try to adjust the columns I get the following error:

Unable to cast object type

'Act.Shared.Windows.Forms.FacadeBoolPropertyDescriptor' to type 'Act.Framework.MutableEntitieyFieldDescriptor'.

I have noticed that other have poseted about this issue when check-boxes are involved.  We do have check-boxes currently in our colum view (and I cannot change this since I cannot change the columns viewed).

I did re-building my preferences, but that did not help.  I've re-booted my system several times as well and that does not help.

Thank you.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error: Unable to Cast Object Type

To resolve this issue, you will need to install the Service Pack 1 update for Sage ACT! 2011.  For further information see this article: KB Article 27166

As a short term work-around: open the Demo database (it will not contain the yes/no fields), reset the columns.  Close Sage ACT! (to save preferences), reopen (let demo open), switch to your database.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks for your help on this.  This worked, but it created a new problem that I am not sure how to fix.  I had to "uninstall ACT Network sync service"; and now I don't know how to get this going again.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

You can use the Network sync file attached to the bottom of the following article to reinstall the service: KB Article 27290

Greg Martin
Sage