Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: The ACT! Address Book service is not properly configured, or one of the configured databases is locked. Do you want to configure it now?

wsg
Copper Contributor

Error: The ACT! Address Book service is not properly configured, or one of the configured databases is locked. Do you want to configure it now?

[ Edited ]

I have followed most of this support article Answer ID 13531  except for the registry edit's and also finding out whether or not Sage has a damaged database.  This is happening to everyone even though we have gone through twice now and fixed it.  Any help would be appreciated!  They are running Sage Act Premium 2011 as well.

They also have Avast Anti-Virus on their machines and the first time around we had to disable the Mail shield to get their calendar to sync.  In addition this is effecting them being able to attach e-mails as history when they use the e-mail through Sage function.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Error: The ACT! Address Book service is not properly configured, or one of the configured databases is locked. Do you want to configure it now?

I suggest you back up the registry... then try the regedits.  That, along with the other steps, should fix this issue.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic
wsg
Copper Contributor

Re: Error: The ACT! Address Book service is not properly configured, or one of the configured databases is locked. Do you want to configure it now?

Did the regedit on all machines hoping this will fix the issue.

I am having the same issues, any luck resolving this.

I'm having the same issue, even after editing the registry.
Astute Commentator

[ Edited ]

I and other's in my office are having the same issue and we are running ACT 2013 premium.  That said, we  don't always get the error when trying to open Outlook; seems to be very inconsistent.