Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: SCREEN COMPATIBLE BITMAP CANNOT BE CREATED. THE SCREEN BITMAP FORMATT CANNOT BE DETERMINED.

Error: SCREEN COMPATIBLE BITMAP CANNOT BE CREATED. THE SCREEN BITMAP FORMATT CANNOT BE DETERMINED.

Hi everyone, ACT newbie here. Can any one help me with this error. I don't know what to do again. I'm hoping I won't have to rebuild this db.  I have one picture field.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error: SCREEN COMPATIBLE BITMAP CANNOT BE CREATED. THE SCREEN BITMAP FORMATT CANNOT BE DETERMINE

Hello,

Just some questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

- What version of ACT! are you using? Go to Help/About ACT!

- What operating system (XP Home/Pro, Vista Basic/Premium/Business) are you using?

- When does this error occur?

- Does this happen with more than one picture field?  With more than one picture file?

- If you are in a multi-user environment with a shared database, is this happening on other computers as well?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Error: SCREEN COMPATIBLE BITMAP CANNOT BE CREATED. THE SCREEN BITMAP FORMAT CANNOT BE DETERMINE

Hi, Natasha here, currently I have  a stand alone installation.

I'm running XP professional and Using ACT Premium 2009. I have 2 image files so to speak. I created a Picture field and I used a picture for the back ground. My default layout for ACT is 1024x768 and the background picture is 1076x768 I don't know if that makes a difference.

When everything started to get crazy is when I imported some of the contacts from the demo database. Pictures included. I got the error while changing the companies and adjusting the pictures. I also got a "GUI" error. I don't know what that is.

I'm not really into computers or file types and stuff. I'm kind of an end user trying to branch out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know if you have any suggestions for an online training site. I'm in Trinidad and have no consultants here.

Thanks again