Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message when using Excel 2007

Error Message when using Excel 2007

We are having problems saving changes in an Excel 2007 file that has been attached to the documents tab in ACT.

We use Excel as our pricing/estimate workbook for each project.

Currently we have “ACT! 10.x/2008 Workgroup” and did not have any problems when using Excel 2003.

We just purchased the owner a new desktop computer running “Microsoft Windows XP Professional” and “Microsoft Office Basic 2007”. Going forward the new computers will all have “Microsoft Office Basic 2007” on them; so I need to find a resolution other than uninstalling Office 2007 and replacing it with Office 2003.

This is the error I keep getting:

“\\NCR_APP\ncr_db-database files1\Attachments\Estimate Workbook-ACT_02.20.08 dad73b63-361f-430d-8732-b7d4e8b8d46.xls’ is currently in use. Try again later.

At the time the error appears the workbook in not open elsewhere.

Is there a setting or something I need to adjust on the new computer that would stop this?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message when using Excel 2007

Do you get this error when no-one else is logged in?

I'm wondering if 2007 is not able to open it if it's in use as it's an XLS (old ver that it would need to convert) and not an XLSX (Office 2007)

Can you open other files in the attached folder - if not, maybe it's your permissions on the share?

Hi Guys,

I am having the exact same problem described since upgrading office 2003 to Office 2007.

The message "currently in use. Try again later" is appearing on any document I try open from within the Documents tab in ACT Premium. If I close ACT and then save the document, it saves fine. There are no other users currently logged into ACT.

Additional Info: If I open the word or excel files directly over the network while ACT is running it saves fine whether ACT is open or closed.

But if I open the file through the Douments Tab in ACT then I cannot save the document until I close ACT.

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Copper Contributor

We too are having this problem with one user. 

Same issue.