Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message when opening new database

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error Message when opening new database

We just upgraded to ACT 2011. I have a salesman trying to open his new database and he's getting this message:

"The file is compressed but does not reside in a read-only database or file group.  The file must be decompressed.  Could not open new database.  Create database is aborted."

I looked at previous answers on compressed database, but when I click on properties on this database, it does not show that it is compressed. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Nicole

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error Message when opening new database

Hello Busadmin,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

When you look at the files, do they show in BLUE?  If they do, that means they are compressed.  You can go through the Properties > Advanced option and set it to Compress > save that change - then go back in and undo the setting for Compress (to get it to un-compress).  I recommend doing this at the folder level instead of individual files.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Busadmin,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

When you look at the files, do they show in BLUE?  If they do, that means they are compressed.  You can go through the Properties > Advanced option and set it to Compress > save that change - then go back in and undo the setting for Compress (to get it to un-compress).  I recommend doing this at the folder level instead of individual files.

Greg Martin
Sage

We're still having the issue. None of the files are Blue - they are all Black. Any other reason this could be happening?

The issue is with the the other computer compressing the file. Now I'm having other issues, but at least that one is solved!