Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message: "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:" while attempting back up to C: drive

Copper Super Contributor

Error Message: "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:" while attempting back up to C: drive

I recently received this error message while attempting back up to my C: drive. The "key" cited was drive W: which is a recently mapped remote cloud server drive. The ACT KB suggests this error will occur when trying to backup to a mapped drive. However, I am backing up to a local drive. In any case, I solved the problem by deleting and remapping the mapped drive. After this, the backup to the C: drive worked normally. Can anyone explain this odd behavior? Thanks, - mike
Bronze Contributor

Re: Error Message: "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:" while attempting back up to C: drive

You will probably find this is a timing issue on response within Windows and nothing really to do wtih ACT itself

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Silver Contributor

Re: Error Message: "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:" while attempting back up to C: drive

I would reccomend backing up to a local drive and then copying that backup to your "cloud" drive.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Super Contributor

ACT 2009 Premium, Win7

I am having the same problem when backing up ACT to C: drive.  The error is being generated while I have a web server mapped to to (WSmiley Happy on this computer.  Other LAN drives mapped to X, Y, Z do not cause any problems.  The only way to backup is to disconnect the W: drive/

I have tried dismounting and remounting W: but the problem reappears.  I do not have a problem with any other software, including backing up, so I suspect this is ACT specific.  If it is a "Windows timing issue" specific to ACT, what does this imply?

Any suggestions?

- mike

Copper Super Contributor

BUMP

This problem has never been solved.  That is -- A mapped web server to any drive letter prevents ACT from backing up. Only work around is to disconnect the mapped server.

Any suggestions?

I am hesitant to upgrade ACT since this problem is still showing up in ACT 2011, according to the KB.

- mike

Nickel Super Contributor

I've also seen this error when you have two ACT users with the same Contact Name.  Check under your Tools menu> Manage Users.

Daniel Graves . . . Database-USA . . . Los Angeles . . . 818-780-3201
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
Copper Super Contributor

mikeclark,

Thank you for submitting your post. The issue you are having may be resolved by checking out our Knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com.

Below is a link to a Knowledgebase Article for more information about your issue:

1. 13511 Error: "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary <DRIVE LETTER>:\ Key being added” when attempting to create a backup - http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13511
Hope this helps,

Scott Baker
Visit the knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com