Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message: "A Storage Engine Operation Failed with error code 25118"

Tuned Listener

Error Message: "A Storage Engine Operation Failed with error code 25118"

Hi,

Having integration problems with Outlook... Last week, I upgraded to Windows 8 and at first, Sage Act did not integrate with Outlook.  I suspected it was my McAfee anti virus (however I had no problem before the upgrade), so I removed it and integration worked all week.  On the weekend, I reloaded McAfee along with other software upgrades with Sage Act closed and now I receive the above message (in subject line). I did a restore and removed McAffee again but integration still failed with the same message.  I am using Outlook 2010 and Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0.

Any suggestions?

Regalcap

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message: "A Storage Engine Operation Failed with error code 25118"

Unfortunately, removing an anti-virus app doesn't always remove all it's components

When do you get this error?

Have you tried disabling UAC as per:
http://windows7themes.net/how-to-disable-uac-in-windows-8.html
Tuned Listener

Thanks for your response;

I get the error whenever I try a manual integration.  I suspected Outlook and Act was not sycing so I click on the Integration Service icon, I get error message.  I click on the add in icons in Outlook, same message.  I entered a 'test' meeting to see if the two were syncing, but no dice. 

I have my User Account Control Setting down to it's lowest setting since the beginning. 

Regalcap

Do you get it if you go (in ACT!):
Tools | Synchronise with Outlook | Outlook Synchronisation Preferences
Tuned Listener

Yes, I have tried it there and also under 'Contacts' and 'Schedule' on the menu bar. Same issue.

Do you get it as soon as you click " Outlook Synchronisation Preferences"?
Or do you get any other dialogue first?
Tuned Listener

No dialogue- it begins running the integration service in the bottom right of my computer, then stops with error message.

[ Edited ]

Hello regalcap,
Have you also set up Google calendar integration? Try this:

- Close ACT!

- Open your Windows task manager and under the Processes tab, end process on Sage ACT! Integration

- On you start screen, right-click, choose All Apps, then click Run under the Windows System section

- In the Run box, type %appdata%

- Open the ACT folder, then ACT Data

- Locate and rename the Google Sync and Outlook Sync folders by adding the word "OLD" to the folder name (i.e., Outlook SyncOLD)

- Reopen ACT! and test

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Beautiful!  That seems to have worked!  In answer to your question, yes, I also sync to Goolgle, but only the contact records, not activities.  In any case, it worked, thankfully. 

Follow up question- so, i would like to put my anti-virus software, McAffee back on my system.  Anything I should be aware of; was there anything there that may have caused the problem in the first place?  Should I be doing something first beforehand (other than shutting down all programs, including Act)?

Thanks,

Regalcap

Glad to hear this worked for you. If you suspect that McAfee is the culprit, then try adding the ACT! program directory as an exception in McAfee. The default location of the folder depends on your operating system:
32-bit: C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT For Windows
64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Windows

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.