Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message from Dashboard

Error Message from Dashboard

I get the following message in my dashboard. I recently made changes to the Design Layout, but added fields that shouldn't affect this.

Unable to Render the DataChart Component: 
No error message available, result code: DB_SEC_E_PERMISSIONDENIED(0x80040E09).
Connection is null. 

Command is null: SELECT COUNT(H.HISTORYID) AS "Count", H.HISTORY_TYPE AS "History Type", H.RECORD_CREATOR AS "Record Creator" FROM dbo.HISTORY AS H WHERE ((DATEDIFF(DAY, H.CREATE_DATE, GETUTCDATE()) < {&Days since creation|STRING|30})) AND (H.RECORD_CREATOR IN ({Record Manager|USERS|%})) GROUP BY H.HISTORY_TYPE, H.RECORD_CREATOR ORDER BY H.HISTORY_TYPE, H.RECORD_CREATO

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error Message from Dashboard

To get the original Dashboard to open if you didn't save the updated Dashboard to a new name, you can restore the original dashboard from the Act! Demo database.  Generally the demo will be located at:

XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\ACT\ACT Data (or Act for Windows ##)\Databases 

Vista/Windows 7 - C:\Users\<User_Name>\Documents\ACT\ACT Data (or Act for Windows ##)\Databases

Open the 'Demo-Database Files' folder > open the Dashboard folder and copy/paste the appropriate dashboard file into the matching folder of your working database.

You can then begin the customizations again, testing individual updates.

Greg Martin
Sage