Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message: Controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread.

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Error Message: Controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread.

We have 25 act users.  One workstation is having serious Act error messages:  "Controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread."

More Information below...

- Version of Act! you are using:

On Windows 10 workstations:  Act Premium 21.1.187.0, Update 4

On Windows 2016 Server:  Act Premium Web 21.1.187.0, Update 4

- If the issue involves Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word , Excel), state the version of Office you are using

Doesn't involve Office

- Is your database on your local machine (private database) or is it being shared from a server (shared database)?

Shared from a server.

- Operating system you have Act! installed on (i.e., Windows 7, Windows 8)

Windows 10 on the workstations.  Windows Server 2016 on the Act server.

- As much detail regarding the question or issue as you can provide:

This is the only client workstation experiencing this.  Other workstations seem to be fine.  I checked for the following services on the Act Server and they are all running:  SQL Server (Act7), SQL Server Browser, SQL Server VSS Writer.  I tried restarting restarting Act and then restarted the workstation but after reboot the error message comes back.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bfoster
‎10-29-2019 05:43 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message: Controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread.

There is a "full hit" in the ACT! knowledge base here:
https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024251614

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bfoster
‎10-29-2019 05:43 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message: Controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread.

There is a "full hit" in the ACT! knowledge base here:

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Thanks, I will try that.  That makes sense if it was a local database on one local machine, but we have the database on a server, and only one user of the shared database is having the issue.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

This maybe caused by some corruption in the activity area of the database for this user.

Here is a link to an article that maybe of help. Clearing up any old activity for the user is also recommended.

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

I ran database maintenance and so far the "controls created" error message hasn't shown up again, so fingers crossed.  Thanks.