Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error MSG when trying to create a new field

Tuned Listener

Error MSG when trying to create a new field

When I try to create a new Contact Field I get this message:

"Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CS_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_AS" in the equal to operation."

Act 2010 premium.  I've tried with various types of fields and I've tried both from my workstation and right on the server.

It happens both for my Database and the Demo database

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Error MSG when trying to create a new field

This sounds like an issue when defining the ACT7 SQL 2005 instance, it may have been created using SQL collation rather than Windows collation.

How was the product installed?  Did you by chance install SQL Server 2005 first, manually creating the ACT7 instance?  Are you using SQL Express 2005 or SQL Standard 2005?

What operating system and service pack level are we dealing with here, and is it 32bit or 64bit?

Do you have any specific regional settings configured in the operating system, if so, what region?

Are you accessing the database from your local machine or accessing the database that is located on a server from your desktop machine?

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Tuned Listener

My certified consultant did some checking with you guys and it was related to the act instance on the sql server, they did a reinstall of SQL on the server and it's working fine now. thanks
Copper Contributor

Do you know what was different on reinstallation that allowed everything to work again?