Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Loading Layout - WIndows 7 - subscriber database

Bronze Contributor

Error Loading Layout - WIndows 7 - subscriber database

ACT! 2010 Corporate edition, upgraded from ACT! 2009 - just rolled out 13 users on brand new Windows 7 laptops - everything worked fine until someone modified the Basic Contact Layout 1024x768 on the publisher database.  As each user synced, they now get "Error loading the layout" for that layout.  It appears to be a permissions issue on the Windows 7 laptops, not a corrupted layout - any suggestions?

Signature
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error Loading Layout - WIndows 7 - subscriber database

Just wondering why you think it's a permissions issue?

Does the layout still have the same name? Remember the bug in 2008/2009 (prior to various hotfixes) where a change to the file would add GUID to the file name?

Does it work if you manually copy the layout?

Bronze Contributor

Hello Michael,

I am figuring permissions because the same layouts work fine on the server, and when I manually copy them down they work fine.  It turns out the users are experiencing Permissions errors in other apps, too.  Their IT dept is involved now - will keep the board posted.

Signature
Nickel Super Contributor

I'm now experiencing this on my own database (was working fine).

Windows 7, 12.1.181 HF1

Copied the layout from the publisher folder, but there's still a problem.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Nickel Super Contributor

Just fixed the problem by adding Everyone to the share.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
JK

Good job.  Had same problem today when going to look at members of a group and got message, Error Loading Layout.  However, I'm running a Vista Professional a laptop on a network.  Went to server all was working including Group so went back to laptop and followed path back to where layouts reside. Checked security permissions and found that I (and I am the admistrator) did not have permission to open the layout (do not know when this occurred) and added in permissions and its now working.   Side note, I'm finding with Vista and sounds like it may be same with Windows 7 that when I encounter  issues, the first place to look is security and permission settings which I've found takes care of most issues I've had with Vista.  Thanks, Rita.  JK