Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error - Activity Changes Could not be saved-ActPremium2010

Error - Activity Changes Could not be saved-ActPremium2010

I receive the error message "Error - Activity Changes Could not be saved. One of more of the contacts or associations may have been deleted, or this activity may have been deleted."

This only happens when another act user (via remote database) assigns a task for me and I then try to edit it (local database and remote). This happens on quite a few different activities

I have previously run "actdiag" on both machines and repaired/reindexed the database and new activity's do not have this issue but we still have this issue on existing activities. Also to note this problem has reoccurred is there any way I can stop it?

Many thanks in advance

Anthony

Tuned Listener

Re: Error - Activity Changes Could not be saved-ActPremium2010

Same problem here with Premium 2011.  Any thoughts?

Platinum Super Contributor

The times we have seen this it is usually corrected by running maintenance on the database through the ActDiag utility.  Here is an article with instructions for using ActDiag: KB Article 26854

Greg Martin
Sage

I would like to add, that this is how i've resolved this issue in the past but it's not stopping it from re-occuring!

Also to note you need to do these procedures on the master database and the remote database if you are using syncs.

Tuned Listener

Thank you!

I tried this for Act Premium 2012 and it did not resolve the problem.

Copper Contributor

I get this on about 1 out of 10 meeting invitations.  I receive the invitation in Outlook and when I accept it the ACT window pops up for the meeting.  When I accept it in ACT, this error message comes up.

I have run the ACT Diag utilities without success.  I have also tried deleting the meeting in Outlook and having the originator of the meeting resend it.  Same error.  I conclude that there is somthing in about 10% of the invitations  I get that ACT just doesn't like - but I can't find the common feature among them.  I also notice that the frequency of this error is increasing.  A month ago is was closer to 1 on 25 invitation that would trigger this.

I am running Pro 2011 13.1.111.0 Hot Fix 6

===========================
Ken Wiens
Project and Program Manager
www.kgw-consultants.com
============================