Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: APFWOutlookSrvc and System.OutOfMemoryException

Copper Contributor

Error: APFWOutlookSrvc and System.OutOfMemoryException

I have APFW 2010 installed (12.0.409.0, Hotfix 4).  Hotfix 4 was just applied, but this problem came up under Hotfix 2.  Anyhow, server was operational for several months without problems, but in the past two weeks, APFW becomes unresponsive, and the only solution (temporary) is to restart IIS.  This is run on a Windows Server RC2 w/ SP2.

The error (from Event Viewer):

Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0

An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Application ID: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/APFWOutlookSrvc

Process ID: 664

Exception: System.OutOfMemoryException

Message: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

StackTrace: at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.CreateCopy()

at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:

UnhandledException logged by UnhandledExceptionModule.dll:

appId=/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/APFW

type=System.OutOfMemoryException

message=Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

stack=

at System.Collections.Hashtable.GetEnumerator()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.TimeoutSockets(Object state, Boolean wasSignalled)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitOrTimerCallback.PerformWaitOrTimerCallback(Object state, Boolean timedOut)

Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting

EventType clr20r3, P1 w3wp.exe, P2 6.0.3790.3959, P3 45d6968e, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4a7cd8f7, P7 17d1, P8 0, P9 system.outofmemoryexception, P10 NIL.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Nothing on the machine has changed, no new installs.  What to do?  This is really troublesome.  The problem is obviously somewhere with the Outlook integration, but I really would like to use this feature, so any help would be appreciated.  Help!!!

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Error: APFWOutlookSrvc and System.OutOfMemoryException

Please clarify the operating system that you are encountering this error.  You mention Windows Server RC 2 / SP2.  The RC 2 would mean that you are running this on a release candidate of Windows Server.  If this is the case, what version of Server, 2003, 2008 ?

Additionally, if you are running this on a release candidate of a server OS, Microsoft does not service pack release candidates, so I don't understand the SP2 reference here.

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

Typo on my end.  It is R2, on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition.
Copper Contributor

I have been experimenting, and it looks like Outlook integration is the culprit.  If you remove Outlook integration from all clients, I do not see any more 'System.OutofMemoryException' errors.  This works on my setup, at least.