Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error 1603 when installing Premium 2010 SP1 AU

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error 1603 when installing Premium 2010 SP1 AU

Installing Act Premium 2010 AU SP1 update over hotfix 4 on Window 7 64-bit.  Getting 1603 error.

Is there a fresh full install of latest SP1 AU?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error 1603 when installing Premium 2010 SP1 AU

In Win7 and Vista you're not a full admin unless you select Run as Admin or turn off UAC - 1603 install errors are often related to security, so this is worth a try.

I know there was this error for ACT! 2008 and Vista which required a support call as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2283...

I haven't heard of it with 2010 or win7, but the IIS error you mentioned might mean this is related

If you're not using the PC as a web server, you might try removing IIS - this is probably a good idea as having un-needed servers running creates a security issue

View solution in original post

All Replies

Error 1603 is often seen during a roll back stall after ACT has failed during the installation. Did you note at what part of install that the installation failed? It normally comes up with a brief error message before it starts the rollback. Are you also installing with local machine admin rights as this can make a difference 

If you have downloaded the update, try right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as Administrator"

I did install as administrator.  No obvious error message before the roll back, it was Updating Component Registration then stopped a service & IIS root removal or something like that, it went past quickly.
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

In Win7 and Vista you're not a full admin unless you select Run as Admin or turn off UAC - 1603 install errors are often related to security, so this is worth a try.

I know there was this error for ACT! 2008 and Vista which required a support call as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2283...

I haven't heard of it with 2010 or win7, but the IIS error you mentioned might mean this is related

If you're not using the PC as a web server, you might try removing IIS - this is probably a good idea as having un-needed servers running creates a security issue

I removed IIS & it has installed.  Thanks Mike!

Thanks... I've just sent a request to the KB guys that they update it for Win7 and later versions of ACT!
Copper Super Contributor

Turned off IIS, able to install now.
ACT! Premuim 2010
Version 12.1.181.0 Hot Fix 1 & 5
SBS 2011
Win7Pro Clients