Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Entering executive assistant information

Entering executive assistant information

Hello,

I'm using Act 2011 Premium, and can't find where I can enter executive assistant / secretary information for a contact.  I do not want to create a new contact for this person, but want to have the information readily available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Entering executive assistant information

[ Edited ]

Hello Chris,
If you do not need them as a new contact, then the best place to put them would be under the Secondary Contacts tab of the contact. If need them to be a contact later on (for emailing, history, notes, etc.), then there is an option under the tab to "promote" them.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Silver Contributor

You've got a couple of choices. There are secondary contacts.  This is a place for an assistant.  You can not email or mail merge to a secondary contact, but you have a pretty much unlimited place to put people like that.  General rule is that secondary contacts are people that you never need to call directly or individually, they always are spoken to on behalf of the main contact.  If you need to contact or write them separately they should have their own contact.

Another option would be to add a field to the database for executive assistanct. YOu can do this through tools, define fields and then add ti to the layout via tools, customize contacts.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Thank you.  That will work well.