Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails not Attaching Intermittently, Outlook integration problems

Emails not Attaching Intermittently, Outlook integration problems

Hey everyone, got an issue which I'm sure many people are experiencing and dealing with as they can, but wanted to try and see if there were any updates. I have various versions of Outlook, and all of them are experiencing intermittent loss of Emails attaching to Act! contacts. We had to stop letting the programs run at startup so we could have them Run as Administrator, but everyone still seems to be affected. Occasionally, we'll also notice that the Act tab in Outlook will have all of its options greyed out, despite having worked earlier. It's basically like they're losing sync.

My only solutions have been to:

1) Completely close both programs and restart the Act services, then restart both and let them sit for about 10 minutes.

2) Close Outlook (and ensure through Task Manager that it's completely off), then click on an email address in Act for it to open Outlook. Occasionally this results in an error regarding a "reference to object" or similar, but that hasn't been as common.

We are also experiencing the "Call Attempted" issue, which as I have read has already been reported, but wanted to throw that in there.

Act! Version 22.1.212.0, Update 4

Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019

We must have client emails, both sent and received, attached to the appropriate contacts every time for compliance. Has anyone had this same issue, or does anyone know any workarounds? We've been loyal Act users for a while, but after this tax season, I may be on the lookout for a new CRM.