Do you mean 

Emails attached as history type 'Call' result type 'Call Attempted'

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Emails attached as history type 'Call' result type 'Call Attempted'

Hi All, 

Hoping anyone out there can help me make sense of why ACT is randomly classifying attached emails (sent from Outlook) as contact history type 'Call' with result of 'Call Attempted'.  This is not happening to all emails, and I cannot seem to determine any pattern.

ACT! Premium Version 22.1.212.0, Update 4

Windows 10 Pro

MS Office 365

Searching on this history type, I see it's been happening since mid-June 2020.  Many other emails I've sent show up in the contact history correctly as type 'E-mail Sent' with result 'E-mail Sent'.  Received emails all seem to be showing correctly as 'E-mail Auto Attached'

Tried running Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair... selected Integrity Check and Re-Index options.  But this made no change.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.  Oh, and not to be ungrateful, but I'd really prefer not to leap straight into solutions like 'reinstall windows, reinstall all programs, create a new database from scratch...'.

Thanks and looking forward to working through another headache.

Cheers!

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author chris-in-seattle
2 weeks ago
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Emails attached as history type 'Call' result type 'Call Attempted'

This is a known bug and it is supposed to be fixed with update 5, unfortunately no ETA available...
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author chris-in-seattle
2 weeks ago
Nickel Elite Contributor

This is a known bug and it is supposed to be fixed with update 5, unfortunately no ETA available...
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

chris-in-seattle,

We are having the same problem. All emails manually attached, attach as "call". We have to change it.

We are having another problem as well...

When manually attaching incoming emails, they should attach using the date and time of the email. Sometimes they attach using the current date and time for the email. We have to go in and change the date and time to keep the histories in proper chronological sequence.

Regards,
ldg

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks, @Melville-Schellmann and @ldg .  Until this is fixed, it appears that manually editing they type and result field for every bungled auto entry is the only workaround.  Still, it's oddly reassuring to know I'm not the only one suffering.  LOL!

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Chris,

You can install the free version of XactInbox found here: https://www.xactsoftware.co.nz/free-act-addons#inbox to solve your problem 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog