Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails are being deleted

Emails are being deleted

At times email I have entered into ACT are later missing. The primary one I notice is my email. I am using the synchronization to connect to my database. Thoughts?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Emails are being deleted

Hello belsey33,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Are you referring to email addresses or email messages (in history)? When you say you are using synchronization, are you referring to remote database sync or Outlook contact and/or calendar sync?

Also, what version of ACT! are you using (from Help > About ACT!)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0

Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0.  Can you still help?

Are you referring to email addresses or email messages (in history)? When you say you are using synchronization, are you referring to remote database sync or Outlook contact and/or calendar sync?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am referring to email addresses.  I am using remote database synchronization with three users.

We have a customer with the exact same issue with mail addresses that will be there one week are gone the next. They are using sync as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

[ Edited ]

I have not been able to duplicate this. We need to see if we can get a history of when the email address is deleted:
- Go to Tools > Define Fields
- For the Contact fields, locate the "Email: field, and double-click it to edit
- Check the box for "Generate History", then click Finish, then Close
- Repeat this for other affected email fields

If the email address is deleted from that field, there will be a history entry in the contact's record. Should say something like:

Field changed
Field E-Mail changed from
"(email address)" to ""

The "" indicates no data, i.e. it was deleted. So if you notice an email go missing, check the contact's History.

Greig Hollister

The define field under tools is greyed out.  I even ran as the administrator.    Any other suggestions?

You may be attempting this on a remote database - this function is not available on remotes. You will need to do this on the main database, and all network users will need to be logged out of the main database.

Greig Hollister