Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emailing to Groups - and showing all addressees

Emailing to Groups - and showing all addressees

I want to email to a group and add an attachment AND have all of the addressees SHOW in the "To" field.

If I do email from template, it does not "pause" to let me add an attachment or subject and also sends out individually addressed emails, so this is no good.

If I do a mail merge, I am able to add the attachment and subject,  but it still only shows one addressee in the "To" field.

So how can I do a email from a  template, add an attachment, AND show the group receiving the email rather than individually addressed emails?

Tina

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Emailing to Groups - and showing all addressees

Tina,

The answer depends on which email client are you using (ACT! Internet Mail or Outlook):

You are correct, when selecting multiple contacts you are not presented with the new message window - it sends automatically. 

If you select a single contact and 'e-mail message from template', it will present you with the new message window.  At this point you can add additional contacts to the 'To' field and attach a document.  All contacts will be displayed when the email is received.

If you are using Outlook as your email client, there isn't a way to only display the contacts associated within a group - it will list all contacts within the database as a list to choose from. 

The ACT! Internet Mail program does have the ability to display contacts by group.

Greg Martin
Sage