Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emailing out of ACT 10.1

Emailing out of ACT 10.1

If I have a contact record open and click on the person's email address to send them an email, I get the following error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID  0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046  failed due to the following error: 80070002

I think I got this once before and someone gave me a registry entry, so I tried that, but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Emailing out of ACT 10.1

What email system and version?
Does it work if you click the email icon on the left-hand bar?

Sorry, I forgot to mention, it's Outlook 2003. I'll try the icon on the left hand bar and let you know.

It's XP Pro (Service Pack 2).

Let me know if Detect and Repaid in Outlook helped and if the Icon worked.

Also, is this a standalone machine or are you sharing your ACT! database? If sharing, does it happen on other machines?
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
You could check what the CLSID is referencing:

Start > Run > regedit
Browse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 and look at the keys on the right and see what they are referencing.

You may need to look for a key called 0006F030-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 which will have 2 or more sub entries.

I don't have the info infront of me now but if you have a key called Inproserver32 or something similar post it's name as it may need to be deleted. Dont delete anything until you have backed up your registry and checked back here first with your results.

All fixes below do at your own risk, if you are not sure, speak to an IT consultant.

I had an couple of examples of this in the last week, one was fixed by removing the Inproserver32 (or something named similar as above), one by detect and repair in Outlook and the other by re registering redemption.dll

Another fix I have had in the past is to rebuild normal.dot:
Close Word / Outlook / Act
Seach the Pc for normal.dot (search in hidden files/ sub folders/ system files)
Rename any instance to normal.old

To re register redemption.dll

Start > Run > cmd
type: cd c:\program files\act\act for windows\ <hit the eneter key>
regsvr32 redemption.dll <hit the eneter key>
You should get a message saying the file has been registered. Click OK.
Type: exit
Restart the PC
Before opening act or outlook search the PC for a file called extend.dat (you will need to search hidden files and folders/sub folders/ system files)
Rename any instance to extend.old.
Start Outlook
Start act and test.

Message Edited by broony on 02-29-2008 06:37 PM

I did the detect and repair and that seems to have done the trick. I'll keep an eye on it. Incidentally,  this is a remote user who comes into the office every now and then. It was only his laptop that was doing it. I'm connected via the LAN and have not had this issue.

Thanks for all your help.