Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emailing contact information to someone else

Emailing contact information to someone else

I'd like to be able to do a couple of things and am looking for some help.

Background: We are running Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

Our customers do not generally have email addresses (we sell mobility equipment for seniors) so the email field for each contact is not populated

Instead of having users schedule "to-do's" for each other like "set up client in accounting system" I'd rather have them send the request via e-mail and have the activity "owner" schedule it for themselves.

So the questions:

1) Is there a way to change the default email (when you right-click on a contact in list view and pick write email) to be a template that pulls that contact information into the e-mail (I've written the template - just want to change the default)?

2) Does this require that the contact have an email or can this be used to send to anyone in the address book and still log under that initial contact's history?

Thank you for your help.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Emailing contact information to someone else

Whail I am sure this could be programmed the cost would not warrant

You can copy the current contact info by using Ctrl+C when on the contact card and then just create your email to the internal staff member aand paste in the contact copied details.

I feel the only way to make your template work would be to use as normal and then change the email address at the emailing point as you cannot change from the default action.

to log into the contact history you will need to actually send to them as this is the default action to write to the record based on email address.

Maybe one option is to do a record history for the incoming request (You could even create a custom activity type) and then at the bottom of this box schedule the follow up for the colleague. Only requires about 3 steps and is then in the correct persons diary.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.