Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

EmailBody.adf Template

Copper Contributor

EmailBody.adf Template

After upgrading to ACT! Premium 2008, when I try to send an email from ACT!...the email template is blank, so I am assuming it is not using the EmailBody.adf template in the template folder.  I have confirmed that the EmailBody.adf in the template folder is the modified template that we have always used.  So my questions is this....how do I get ACT! to use this EmailBody.adt as the default template?  We are using Outlook 2003 and Word 2003 as the editor.

Thanks

Chris
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: EmailBody.adf Template

If you use Outlook as the email client (which is usually best with 10).... it's Outlook that handles the stationary - tools | options | mail format
Copper Contributor

Hi Mike

I'm confussed.....in my office [i haven't upgraded yet to 2008] using ACT! Premium 2006.....we have Outlook as our default email client in ACT....but if i'm in ACT and I click on a client's  email address.....it brings up the ACT email editor with the EmailBody.adt customized template......and this "Sent" email is shows up in Outlook.  So are you saying that ACT2008 is different because as far as I can tell...its working the same as 2006......when you click on a client's email address....it brings up ACT email except it doesn't use the customized EmailBody. template and the "Sent" email also shows up in Outlook's Sent folder.

Thanks

Chris
Platinum Elite Contributor

graham36 wrote:
Hi Mike

I'm confussed.....in my office [i haven't upgraded yet to 2008] using ACT! Premium 2006.....we have Outlook as our default email client in ACT....but if i'm in ACT and I click on a client's  email address.....it brings up the ACT email editor with the EmailBody.adt customized template......and this "Sent" email is shows up in Outlook.  So are you saying that ACT2008 is different because as far as I can tell...its working the same as 2006......when you click on a client's email address....it brings up ACT email except it doesn't use the customized EmailBody. template and the "Sent" email also shows up in Outlook's Sent folder.

Your first post said 2008...

In 2008, in the Email Prefernces, you can choose Outlook email client instead of ACT! email client. As per this ACT! knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/2c4olw

This is the method you've been using from the ACT! Knowledge Base - http://tinyurl.com/yu7xpw