Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email type History record duplicated for each contact or one associated with multiple having same email

JM
Nickel Contributor

Email type History record duplicated for each contact or one associated with multiple having same email

ACT! Prem 2011. If I have 8 Contact records having the same email address does ACT! create one email sent/received History record type that is associated with those Contact records having the same email address, or does it create a History record for each Contact record and links it to that record?

Not sure if it has an effect to my question but I create a Company record and link those Contacts.

I ask because if I go into one of the 8 records and delete the history record it is removed for all 8 contacts.

That is not having the 8 linked through Relationships Tab.

I use ACT! a little differently than the preferred unique contact record method.

JM

Silver Contributor

Re: Email type History record duplicated for each contact or one associated with multiple having same email

You are creating 1 history that is "Associated with" 8 different contacts.  When you delete the history on record, it's gone on all of them.  You could double click and open the history and remove the extra contacts to keep history on just the record you want.

The only work around I can see is to not put an email record on teh other contactsa nd just have one contact with the email address to capture the history.

A lot of folks in mortgage who use one contact record per loan do it this way.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider