Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email sync with Outlook - need to rest preferences every morning

Email sync with Outlook - need to rest preferences every morning

We are using Act Premium 2011 across all different versions of Outlook.  On one machine, we need to go back and set our preferences to the server-based Act .pad file in order to be able to use the Outlook/Act sync with out-going emails and to be able to link incoming emails to contacts in ACT.  Is there any reason why this is happening - its very inconvenient. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email sync with Outlook - need to rest preferences every morning

Hello meimike,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. In regards to the issue, when you say you have to reset the preferences to the .pad file, does this mean you have to re-add the ACT! address book to Outlook? If so, are you doing through ACT!? Have you also tried doing it through Outlook? For this machine, what O/S do they use and what version of Outlook?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Hi Grieg,

I'm not meimike, but we're having the same issue - ACT! Premium 2011 on a Win Server 2003, 13 users, mostly XP SP3, 4 Win7, all users must reset the address book/database every morning when they launch Outlook and on every reboot.

This is meimike - thanks gentlemen for getting back on this.  

We are running off of the same server and variouis machines with different Microsoft Office versions - I think everyone should be  windows XP.  I don't seem to have a need to do this except when I change ACT dbases from one to another.  Sometimes I use one on my C:drive locally and then when I restart ACT and switch dbases, I need to go back to preferences and do it again.  

My one users is similar to JSWilson's users - EVERYTIME no matter what.