Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email setup - selecting Outlook AND Internet Mail ?

Copper Contributor

Email setup - selecting Outlook AND Internet Mail ?

When setting up email - Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync - it is possible to select Outlook AND Internet Mail, does this work?

The reason I want to do this is because I want to send emails from "customerservice@mydomain.com" instead of from specific user's mail account . This doesn't seem to be possible when using Outlook because ACT automatically sends email from the specific user's account in Outlook.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Email setup - selecting Outlook AND Internet Mail ?

Unfortunately you can only set one type of email client from ACT!. A workaround for this could be set your Outlook preferences so that you send from/ Start Outlook up on a specific named profile.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook-help/turn-on-or-off-profile-prompt-HA101821056.aspx

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Copper Contributor

vivek wrote:

Unfortunately you can only set one type of email client from ACT!. A workaround for this could be set your Outlook preferences so that you send from/ Start Outlook up on a specific named profile.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/outlook-help/turn-on-or-off-profile-prompt-HA101821056.aspx

Thanks Vivek,

I assumed that when I send emails from Outlook via a mail merge from ACT, that the emails are sent from the email account of the ACT user.

However, what you are saying suggests that it uses the default email account in Outlook.

Are you able to confirm this please?

Regards,

Kevin

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello nivekau,
Yes, this is the case. When integrated with Outlook, ACT! uses the default email account you have selected in Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.