Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email setting for Outlook 2010 is missing in ACT 2010 Premium

Email setting for Outlook 2010 is missing in ACT 2010 Premium

We are using ACT Premium 2010 hotfix 1. We recently introduced Office 2010 32 bit into our environment. I am trying to make it working with ACT with no luck. I have followed "ACT! by Sage Compatibility with Microsoft Office 2010" and "Outlook is Missing as an Option in the ACT! E-mail Setup" in the knowledge base. Although I successfully added ACT address book to Outlook, I could not make Outlook appear in the Preferences - Email setting. Outlook and ACT are all new build so I do not think there are any software corrupt issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email setting for Outlook 2010 is missing in ACT 2010 Premium

Thanks for the reply, Mike. Yes, I have replaced the XML file. But it did not change anything.

[ Edited ]

Hello Ken,

Unfortunately, you are not going to see any Outlook 2010 options in ACT! 2010, even with the revised preferences file. This is due to ACT! 2010 not recognizing Outlook 2010 as being installed. This means you will not have access to the Email setup for Outlook. One of the drawbacks is that you will not be able to change the deafult history recording option. However, when you send an email, under the Add-Ons tab on the Outlook message screen, you can change the history option for that particular email.

On the flip side, you will be able to see and use the ACT! icons in Outlook 2010.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks, ghollister. But I read Outlook settings can be seen in ACT after replacing the XML file. Is there anyway to diagnose why it does not work?

Ken,

Unfortunately, that is not going to be the case. Since Outlook 2010 is not compatible with ACT! 2010, ACT! will not recognize it as an installed application. Therefore, Outlook 2010 will not be listed as an available email system and so cannot be configured within ACT!. However, in Outlook 2010 you can still and use the ACT! icons.

Also, can you please provide me a link or source where you read that Outlook 2010 can be configured in ACT! 2010? I would like to make sure there is no misinformation on this.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Ghollister,

Thanks again for your reply. Here is the URL from ACT knowledge base: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2671...

Ken,

I'm afraid I do not see where in this article it states you can configure the Outlook settings in ACT!. In fact, it specifically states that you will be unable to configure Outlook in ACT! (see the "Important Notes" section). There is nothing that can be done to get around this as ACT! 2010 does not recognize Outlook 2010 as being installed.

Greig Hollister