Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email not being recorded in history

Email not being recorded in history

Recently ACT stopped recording email messages in history. I have gone through the email set up to Outlook more than once and nothing. I am using Outlook 2013 32-bit on a Windows 7 professional. I am using Verion 15 ACT! Premium. This is happening on all computers in the office. I looked in the "add-ins" in Outlook and there are a couple entries there for ACT; however, the "ACT! Outlook AddIn" - mscoree.dll is listed as inactive. The same is true for "Microsoft VBA for Outlook Addin". The only Add In that is active is "Microsoft Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing"

Does anyone have a solution?

Scott

Nickel Contributor

Re: Email not being recorded in history

You will need to go to File -> Options -> Add-Ins. Then at the bottom look for the Manage bit select Disabled Items then click the Go button.

Select the mscoree.dll and then click the enable button. Once this is done change the Manage drop down to COM add-ins and click the Go button. You need to then add a tick to the ACT! plugin  then click OK.

It should be enabled now one thing about 2013 if the plugin is slow at starting up it can keep disabling it so go to File -> Manage add-ins in the account information page it Has "Slow and Disabled Add-ins" beside it  and then click on the "Always enable this add-in" this should stop it from being disabled if it's slow loading up

Hope this helps

Thanks, that seemed to work. However, I can't find the  "Slow and Disabled Add-ins" page? I will research this more and try to find that area. Thanks again.

Scott

Nickel Contributor

Office2013.JPG

I don't seem to have that option. Capture.JPG

Nickel Contributor

Might be a version difference of Office 2013

No problem. Thanks for your help.