Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email not being created in history

Copper Contributor

Email not being created in history

[ Edited ]

ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

Problem

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1994...

Followed all the suggestions in this article but the emails still fail to appear.

I added the QPath entry to the registry and I can see items appear in the historyqueue folder, if the service is not running they stay, if the service is running they get removed and you can see they where processed and recorded according to the log.

They do not appear in ACT on the records. i have tried. Apparently this is the same problem for a couple of users. and yet one user that had this problem , it started working again!!! they are a remote user (sync)

I have exhusted all options, I tried to create an activitty from the outlook side and it worked fine but no history!

some assistance would be cool.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Email not being created in history

Have you changed to a new database?  With the messages being processed in the history queue, this could be a cause.  Check the Address book in Outlook and make sure it is accesing the correct database.

Do you have 2 or more ACT! databases?  If yes, it will only record to the database marked as the default Address Book in Outlook.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

My initial thoughts where just that, but I have checked the path in ACT for the open database and the address book and they are the same.

Copper Super Contributor

This may be totally not relevant but mine dont link to Act history if you use a 3rd party program to email them

eg: if you have the PDF file open and use the file menu then send to, this sends the email straight to the OUTBOX and bypasses the DRAFTBOX which i believe is where the linking program checks and hence no history record is created.

The response i got was that this would be looked into

So basically what i am saying is this maybe a similar issue you have if it bypasses the DRAFTBOX

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6

Good afternoon, I am a new community user and want to check that my message appears, so this is my first message.

Copper Super Contributor

Welcome Stephen... good to see another Australian on the board :-)

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6