Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email merge into Act! question.

Tuned Listener

Email merge into Act! question.

In the office, we use Outlook and ACT! 2009 Version 11.0. Up until now, when we get an email into our Outlook, we have just been copy and pasting the email into the notes section of the record in act!. As you can Imagine, that gets pretty old pretty fast. Is there a way to sync both outlook and act! so when we get an email, it automatically adds that email into the notes on act!? matching by Email address?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ian

Platinum Elite Contributor
Tuned Listener

Re: Email merge into Act! question.

Ok that worked for getting them into the "histories" section. Is there a way that i can make it do the same thing, but just to the Notes tab?

Tuned Listener

well thats not good. I think we are completely doing this wrong then. we NEVER use our histories, and completely rely on notes. We never use opportunities, OR groups/companys. we never use any of that stuff. I've had a feeling we should. I was hired about a year ago, and my company (small group of 10) Bought it and just learned as they went sorta thing.

Since i came on, ive had a feeling we were completely miss using most of the features/not using many but i dotn know how to do it myself.. becuase i only know what they taught me.

is there some sort of instructional videos that show how to use this thing properly?

-Ian

These are from a previous version, but they may help you:

http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/02/free-act-by-sage-video-training.html

It would also be of value to speak to a local ACT! Consultant to walk you through some of the areas specific to how you need to use them