Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email mail merge using Outlook 2007

Copper Contributor

Re: Email mail merge using Outlook 2007

Hi Mike

They are full emails, all the text (HTML) are there,  Yes outlook was open at the time of sending.

I tried to move them to the outbox, but outlook would not let me

I know they were sent because i was geting delivered receipts virtualy straight away.

to tidy up i manually moved them to the "sent" folder

I also use Word2007 for the Act and Outlook editor

All emails are sent in HTML

History and attachments were correct in act afterwards.

Tony

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email mail merge using Outlook 2007

Outlook won't let you move them... you would open them and click Send.

If they don't go then, it's an Outlook issue... there are quite a few references to this in a Google search. But the solutions are not the same for every user.

Do you have multiple accounts in outlook to send from? Try changing the default account

Highlighted

Re: Email mail merge using Outlook 2007 - Temporary Workaround

Hi

I am using ACT! 11.1 Premium, Hotfix 4, MS Word 2003 and Outlook 2003. I have encountered exactly the same issue. E-mail merge of more than 1 contact in ACT! deposits the e-mails in  theOutlook Draft folder.

Temporary Workaround - If I change the following setting in Outlook the mails merge work OK and sends all the messages to the Outbox:-

Outlook/Tools/Options/E-Mail Options/Advance E-Mail Options/Save Unsent Items In: ?   change this setting to Outbox.

Unfortunately, draft e-mails prepared in Oulook are also sent to the Outbox!

So for E-mail merges I just change the settings on a temporary basis and then change back.

I recently upgraded from ACT! 6 and never encountered this problem. ACT! Support team need to bottom this issue out please!!!!

Copper Contributor

This problem is not just confined to Outlook 2007 then, so cannot be solely attributed to Office, but should be pointing to the integration from ACT

Whilst this workaround looks like it could solve the problem short term, I would dread forgetting and have a damaging email sitting in the outbox, because I forgot to change the settings back to standard

I too have seen this, with pretty much each version of ACT! I have used, however, if I just let them sit for a while they would just move slowly roll out of the draft and get sent. I usually send mail merges of 200-500 people, and I am a corporate user on MS Exchange. I just assume it was normal for them to stage in the draft folder. Since  my mail merge was so large I could usually watch the draft folder grow as the merge ran, and then I could watch it shrink as the mails were getting sent. I have seen them go from the draft folder to the outbox, but that was only when working remotely with a slow or no connection
Copper Contributor

I have seen this strange occurance in the past, this is also the case when using High impact email 5. the number of items in drafts, grew, then rthey were transfered to the sent folder.

However in the case in question, although they were sitting in the "drafts" folder, i was also getting delivery and read reports, BUT none of the items in drafts were transfered to "sent".

Copper Contributor

Re: Email mail merge using Outlook 2007 - solution needed

Does no-one have an answer to this.......Thought it should be pretty much at the top of the BUG list. This is an unacceptable way of working... pass the blame to other software. We thought that modern applications were above this.

We do this ,,,,, they do that ????.

I sent 33 mails to customers, They all went to the drafts folder

2 mins later i have 5 delivery reports

yet all 33 are still sitting in the drafts box

Copper Contributor

Re: Email mail merge using Outlook 2007 - solution needed

Here we are again, same old subject. Just upgraded to Act 2011 (V13) and have High Impact Email Platnum 5. all was working, (sort of) with Act 2009, but now the HIEM does not reccognise that there is an act database on the system. and the SAGE webpage does say it is compatable....