Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email/history issues with recent upgrade from 6.0 to 11 Premium EX

Email/history issues with recent upgrade from 6.0 to 11 Premium EX

I have set up 9 users in identical fashion.  All of the are XP.  7 of them have Office 2007 and 2 have Office 2003.  Only 3 users work correctly.

Three users load Act, click email, write and send it and the history is updated.  No problems there.  One of them is a DBadmin and two are normal users.  Office 2007.

Two users are remote desktop users with 2003.  When they click an email address Outlook opens as it should, but when they hit send Outlook locks up for about 30 seconds and then an ACT error box pops up and says "File not found".  The message still sends but the Act history is not updated.  Both are normal users.

One user gets multiple errors throughout the whole process, but I have a feeling it has to do with her having both Office XP and 2007. When she clicks the email address of a contact she gets "The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))" and then "The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)"

Two users get an error when they hit Send in Outlook saying "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object".  The messages send just fine, however the contact history doesn't update.  One is a normal user and the other is an admin.  The error goes away when you remove the Act database as an address book for Outlook, but then you don't get histories either.

Lastly, my machine.  When I click a contact's email, I get Outlook and send just fine.  I don't get any error messages, but the contact's history doesn't update.  I am an admin of the DB.

Everyone's email in Act is set up the same way.  We're all set up to use Outlook and our address books are part of the database.

Re: Email/history issues with recent upgrade from 6.0 to 11 Premium EX

Two things to look for, either the HistoryQueue folder does not exist for the users, or the QPath in the registry is pointing at the wrong location.

First verify that if the HistoryQueue folder exists:

- Browse the to the following location - %appdata%\ACT\ACT for Windows 9\

- If it doesn't, then you can create a new folder and name it HistoryQueue.

If the folder already exists, do the steps below to verify its looking at the for the correct QPath:

- Open regedit and go to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACT\OutlookHistoryService\Desktop

- On the right side, you should see QPath and pointing to the user's HistoryQueue.

- If not, then edit the value and put the correct path.

If QPath doesn't exist:

- Right click the right pane and select New -> String. Name it QPath

- Double click QPath to put in the path for the HistoryQueue folder.

Astute Commentator

Having the same problem with "Object Reference" message for some users when sending email through Outlook 2007

Qpath is pointing to the correct history queue folder. 

11 users working correctly, 5 users get the object reference message and no history being recorded

all users have identical setups and network privledges. 

I have spent a total of 2 days time with ACT support on this issue with no resolution.

ACT 11 Premium EX

Outlook 2007

Single shared database on server

Any further suggestions are appreciated 

I tried instaling Act! 11 many months back, and had a series of failures and problems. I am converting from Act! 2000. I have limited time to devote to debugging. I think most of the problems have been worked out by carefully converting the database.

But, I can't get email to work. I get the "The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))"

Vista Ultimate, Office 2007, Act! 11 (2009)

Is there a simple fix?