Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email history doesn't record

Ian

Email history doesn't record

ACT Premium for Workgroups 2007 and Outlook 2003.

When recording email history with an address book linked to a .pad file on a server the history doesn't appear when viewed in ACT. I've forced synchronization and refreshed, I can't think of anything else I'm missing at the moment.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Email history doesn't record

Did it ever work? What do you mean by 'forced synchronisation' ?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Ian

It never worked. I set it up from a fresh install and added the address book in Outlook but the emails aren't recorded in ACT. When I open ACT and manually synchronize through the menus the emails don't appear in the history.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Synchronising is not a function of ACT! that results in emails being recorded to ACT! History.

Do you have an additional tab, labeled ACT!, in Outlook under Tools | Options. This is the tab where you configure ACT! to record History. If the tab is not there then the integration of Outllook with ACT! is not complete. Secondly, if the tab is there, are you using Word as the email editor in Outlook, if so this coauld cause your email not to be recorded in ACT! This was true of version 2007.   

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Ian

Thanks for your reply.

I do have the ACT! tab in Outlook unders Tools > Options and I've configured it to use Outlook as the editor. When you say it's true of version 2007, are you referring to Outlook or ACT?