Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email campaign software that is trigger based within the Act database

Email campaign software that is trigger based within the Act database

Hi there.

I am looking for email campaign software that will do the following:

A)  Query ACT by Sage database (currently 2007 Premium for Workgroups, soon to be 2010 later this year) for specific 'trigger' fields, or queries, and based on the results, run a continuous, completely automatic (once set up) email campaign.

B)  Allow for attachment of .PDF files in the resulting emails, the particular .PDF used depending on trigger fields in ACT as well.

I have a custom field called "Frequency", the drop-down list options being "Monthly", "Bi-weekly", "Every week", "Weekly during spring".  I would like the software to use this field to determine not only WHETHER the respective customer has opted in to this automatic campaign (if no data exists in the field, do not email), but also the frequency level.

I would also like the software to further determine where the customer resides, based on normal "Country", "State/Province" fields, which will then determine which of 3 possible .PDF's to send along as an attachment.

I currently have software that does all of this, http://www.infooptics.com/Campaign.htm, but I wish to explore alternatives.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice I can get for this.

Re: Email campaign software that is trigger based within the Act database

[ Edited ]

Not sure if it meets your needs or not, but have a look at Swiftpage.

http://www.swiftpage.com/

Message Edited by dlunceford on 06-11-2009 09:37 AM

Thanks for the reply, but I looked into Swiftpage, and even called one of their agents for more information.

It doesn't even come close to the functionality I am looking for.  For one thing, it in no way supports ANY trigger based campaigns the like of which I am talking about...

Thanks though...

Tuned Listener

I did an extensive search for this type of email software add-on for ACT and there is none in existence.  We did go with Swiftpage and like it, but it would be nice to find a system that would launch an email based on triggered fields.  For now, we have to do this as a manual process based on query lookups :-(

rfuglaar,

Check the link in my OP, the software exists, and I use it every day...it is the product of a smaller business, but it definetely works as advertised.  I have had a few hiccups with it, but after having received a few support calls from the coder himself, I am happy to report it all seems to be working again!

(Last year, I had it working VERY satisfactorily for the entire season, but I was dumb enough to re-format the system it was installed on.)

Tuned Listener

I checked the link, but does it work with ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367.  I don't see this listed as an interace.  I will probably contact them directly as well.  Thanks for the link.

Currently we are still using Act Premium 2007, but because support from Sage for that version will end this summer, I will be having to upgrade our systems, most likely to the upcoming 2010 version.

I have already mentioned this to the developer as a potential issue, but by all means contact him yourself, maybe between us we can get him to hurry up...  Smiley Happy

Bronze Elite Contributor

Take a look at www.crmaddons.com and their Sales Automation Manager

They make good solid addon products to ACT! and capable of merging PDF files. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog