Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email address changes after a sync

Astute Commentator

Email address changes after a sync

We're running Premium version 12, hotfit 4. Has anyone ever had this happen. A remote user sent an email to one of her contacts via ACT!.( Email client is Outlook). She then did a sync to get the history into the master. Went back into that contact record to record an activity and noticed that the email address was different. There was a whole word inserted into the email address- right after the name and before the @.We checked the history and sure enough, it notes the change to the email address. We checked her address book in Outlook - the customer has the same original email address as was in ACT!

I did a keyword search of the remote and master on the word that was added and it does not appear anywhere else in the database but on that contact history.

Any thoughts? thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email address changes after a sync

Hello LUDINSKY,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Has this happened with any other contact email addresses or with any other remote users? Is that email address in an unusual format or contain non-alphanumeric characters?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

Re: Email address changes after a sync

Hi Greig,

It has happened with other email addresses for other contacts - not adding a word, but changing the name to uppercase or a few of the letters to uppercase. There is nothing unusual about the format and the address is in all alpha characters. As far as I know, I don't believe it has happen to any other remote user. 

Thanks