Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Trouble

Email Trouble

Hello:

I am running outlook 2003 and ACT 2008.  I have installed 5 licenses on a network.  One of the users is getting an error that states "cannot access word" and it is annoying him.  I have created the company database but it is empty right now.  I am currently modifying the database and templates before I start populating it with data.  Can anyone tell me what this error means?  It is only on that desktop. 

Thank you.

MEL

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email Trouble

Is that the exact error message? If no, please post the full error.

Also, what exact version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

Hello:

The exact error is:  When I open my outlook it states "ACT address book service is not properly configured or the configured database  Marsh.pad is locked."  Do you want to configure it now.  When I click yes it gives me the option to add a database.  There is nothing in the box.  I browse to my database and click on it and it states that it is already configured.  Select a different database.  When I am in my mail and try to send a  replay a ACT box appears and in the box it states that the Word Document is not available.  I am using a new installation for ACT 2008 (10.0) st. Edition Version 10.0.2.191

I contacted ACT! directly to fix my email problem.  Thank you for all of your help anyway.
Platinum Elite Contributor

They asked me to go into the registry and delete the address books within the ACT outlook programs.  Then they asked me to go into the microsoft office outlook addins and make sure the behavior was set to three.  The final step was to go into ACT and delete the Act address book under tools and email accounts.  That seems to have solved the problem.