Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Template using Outlook through ACT!

Email Template using Outlook through ACT!

I have created a very simple email template.  When I go to "Write," then "Email message (from template)", then click my template file, it loads really quickly then just disappears.  Can you tell me what might be happening here?

Thanks,
Keith
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email Template using Outlook through ACT!

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?
What version of Office?
Does it happen with all templates?
How about in the demo database with a default template?

Wow, lots of questions!!!  But I like it, cause you are so helpful!

ACT Version:   ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162, Hotfix 1,
English (United States)
Office Version:  2002

Only seems to be happening with any email template.  I will tell you though, I have just TODAY "installed" my Outlook with ACT!.  I have used outlook and act seperately for years but again, just today have I combined the two.  Everything seems to be working correctly, as I can even click "Email" and it will pull up a new email.  Just for some reason, the email templates won't open after loading.

Please keep in mind, I am not the administrator.  Don't know if that matters or not.

Thanks,
Keith
Platinum Elite Contributor

Can you try opening the demo database and using one of those templates?

Was outlook installed before ACT! 9it needs to be)

I have figured it out.  I guess it didn't "click" in my brain at first.

You have to have an email in the "E-Mail" field for the template to be able to open.  I know that may sound obvious, but I figured since I could open a blank email through ACT without an email in the field, I could do the same w/ a template.

Sorry to have "wasted" your time!  Thank you for your help!

Keith

Hello theree,

I am using ACT pro2012 and have the same problem. but i have a email address in the right place and still no loading of the template. i would appreciate your knowledge on this matter as i haven't had any previous problems with this issue before. 

I will say that i have just come back from a holiday and used the database on my laptop whilst away. i had to reload my database info onto the office system again to update all the data that was created. I also updated my Outlook PST file to have all the messages that were sent during my trip abroad. SO now i have done that i cannot load any templates. They pop onto the screen for a split second and then disapear without loading.. 

Can you help.. 

Regards

Wayne